Types of grants for junior and senior investigators:
K- Career Development Awards: K awards provide support and protected time to faculty. Every K has its own purpose and eligibility criteria.
- Standard Due Dates for K Awards:
- February 12, June 12, October 12
R- Research Grants: R grants come in various amount of support (funding size and period) and purpose.
- Standard Due Dates for typical research grants:
- R01: February 5, June 5, October 5
- R21 and R03: February 16, June 16, October 16
T- Training Grants: T are meant to provide institutional research training opportunities (including international) to trainees at the undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral levels; depending on the mechanisms, the grants support year-long or short-term training.
- Standard Due Dates for training grants:
- January 25, May 25, September 25
U- Research Grant - Cooperative Agreement: U grants are like research grants with a more substantial programmatic involvement anticipated between the awarding Institute and the grant recipient
- Standard Due Dates for U01: February 5, June 5, October 5
Current Funding Opportunities:
2. NIH PAs and PARs (with multiple upcoming submissions)